Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (30): In the Age of Blood and Chocolate


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I haven't participated in WOW in nearly a year (or more, I didn't look), but I have to share a book that I am dying to read. I began the Birthright series by Gabrielle Zevin a few weeks ago because I read an excerpt for All These Things I've Done and liked it. The audiobook sat in my car for ages before I finally picked it up. Once I did, though, I was hooked. Just as I was wrapping up Because It Is My Blood, I tried to order the last book in the series from the library so I could see how things wrap up for Anya. IT ISN'T OUT YET! *dies*



Title: In the Age of Love and Chocolate (Birthright #3)
Author:
Gabrielle Zevin
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (Macmillan)
Release Date: October 29, 2013

All These Things I’ve Done, the first novel in the Birthright series, introduced us to timeless heroine Anya Balanchine, a plucky sixteen year old with the heart of a girl and the responsibilities of a grown woman. Now eighteen, life has been more bitter than sweet for Anya. She has lost her parents and her grandmother, and has spent the better part of her high school years in trouble with the law. Perhaps hardest of all, her decision to open a nightclub with her old nemesis Charles Delacroix has cost Anya her relationship with Win.

Still, it is Anya’s nature to soldier on. She puts the loss of Win behind her and focuses on her work. Against the odds, the nightclub becomes an enormous success, and Anya feels like she is on her way and that nothing will ever go wrong for her again. But after a terrible misjudgment leaves Anya fighting for her life, she is forced to reckon with her choices and to let people help her for the first time in her life.

In the Age of Love and Chocolate is the story of growing up and learning what love really is. It showcases the best of Gabrielle Zevin’s writing for young adults: the intricate characterization of Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and the big-heartedness of Elsewhere. It will make you remember why you loved her writing in the first place.


Buy Links
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Fishpond



If you haven't read this series yet, you're really missing out. I've known about the Birthright series forever, but I thought it wasn't for me. I couldn't have been more wrong. I know I only have to wait less than a week, but it's too long! *makes grabby hands*

What are you waiting on this week?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series before but I just love the sound of it. It's so unique and seems like it's really good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so good. I'll hopefully get my review up of the first two books in the series this weekend. :-)

      Delete

You are going to put words in my box?! *squeezes you* Now I shall stalk YOUR blog!